Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New haircut experience...

Yesterday I went over to my next door neighbor, who is an older lady, an experienced hair dresser to get my hair cut since my hair was out of control... I've been going to her on and off for the past 7 years and she does a great job on the hair, only one issue... she pushes her ideas onto her clients and thinks she's all that, okay that's 2 issues. Her comments are always that she's 'the best in town' (though she works from home and doesn't do color - blah!), and that she's been cutting some stars hair back in Europe (yeah okay), but anyhow, she does do a good job and if only she would just listen to her clients a little more... But either way, she cut my hair and it being wet my hair looked just fine, in my eyes it was what I had asked her, though I did want it shorter but she had said that it would not look so good... well I came back home, shower and styled it... it looked fine for 1 hour and then my hair just puffed up and became just what I didn't want it to.


Last night I couldn't fall asleep and when I did I would wake up soon after and think about my hair, wishing I could call her today and have her fix it and coming up with words to use. Well, my morning went on as usual until I saw a creepy looking bug crawling across a bathroom floor - oh that was gross, I killed it with Danny's shoe and left it it for Danny to clean up after work - haha, well it was really gross! What's weird is I happened to be looking in a stop where the bug crawled out... I guess I subconsciously new something is about to happen - lol. Well, later I wanted to wash Danny's and my slippers (nice ones from Sharper Image) and ruined them! They tore apart... Oh, I was so sad... loved them, so soft with memory foam... they kept my feet cushioned, but now I don't have any slippers - 'time for new ones anyway' Danny says - OK =) I'm up for new ones, hehe


So, it's 11am and I called the hair dresser and she was okay with me stopping by. It's funny how hair stylist are... they never want to be wrong and in more then one way try to prove they are always right and the clients know nothing about hair... ummm yeah, if only I could see my head in the back and twist my arms out I could cut my own hair... not like I haven't cut hair before. Oh, and how I should have explained what I wanted better... well how much better can you explain then bringing a haircut from a magazine to show??? Hello, I'm confused... I brought with me the exact hairdo I wanted and she laughed at me for bringing it with me... lol, alright lady, she was making me unhappy, plus with my raging hormones I could have said a few things she wouldn't like, but I needed a hair cut and she's a neighbor for goodness sake! I think most women forget what it was like being pregnant and what hormones did do to them - lol. I told her EXACTLY what I DID NOT want, and that's what I came back home with yesterday. Well, today she made it how I wanted it... thank goodness! I can sleep at night now =) T-hehehe and leave the house happy =)


On a positive note... she is an okay lady, wouldn't want her as my mother or a friend but she's nice as a human, but a tough lady as a hair dresser. She was positive about pregnancy and how becoming a mother is a joy and an experience which can't be replaced by anything in the world, and how wonderful it is to have a 1st boy =) So, at least she lifted me up in that area... anything positive really helps! =)


Okay, we're leaving the house now... need to buy a couple of things and go eat - tootles!

No comments: